Thread: 'Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki' Starts 21st January 2013 Promo

Lehar is offline FT Power

Smile 'Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki' Starts 21st January 2013 Promo

Cook it up with Sayantani

Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi ki - Starts 21st Jan

Promo 1 : Watch

Promo 2 : Watch

Sayantani Ghosh is going to be a part of Welcome: Baazi Mehmaannawaazi Ki, which goes on air from January 21.

You could probably get through life without knowing how to roast a chicken, but the question is, would you want to?" Nigella Lawson, the writer-journalist, had once asked on her show. For most of us, the answer would be 'No'. And probably that's the reason why TV actress Sayantani Ghosh decided to be part of this new and unique reality show, Welcome: Baazi Mehmaannawaazi Ki, which celebrates India's obsession with cooking and playing the perfect host.

Sayantani had earlier refused to be a part of the show since she did not know how to cook. However, she took it as a challenge. Now, the actress is busy brushing up her culinary skills for a mad dinner party!

The show, which will be on air soon, will see five celebrities every week competing in playing the perfect host. They'll invite each other at their respective homes and treat other contestants to their preparations. But the most interesting bit is that here the competitors will also be the judges.

Apart from Sayantani, the other participants in the show are Amar Upadhyay, Aishwarya Sakhuja, Karanvir Bohra, Nigaar Khan, Sanaya Irani, Farah Khan Ali, Vindoo Dara Singh and Debina Bonerjee.

"I have never really 'cooked' in my life. I can mange for myself, but have never tried something special which I could serve to my guests. Therefore, I was a bit apprehensive about taking up the show as I did not want my guests to taste undercooked or overcooked food. My mom is an excellent cook. She was delighted to hear about the concept of the show and was glad that I finally participated. As of now, I am coordinating with mom in Kolkata and trying out different dishes. Bengalis are known to be good cooks and good hosts, so I hope this works in my favour," she said.

Ask her what would be on her menu and she puts a finger on her lips, lest other contestants hear it. However, she obliges us, "I will be cooking healthy versions of Kolkata's roadside food. So, if I serve phuchka, it will be baked, the fishes will be fried in olive oil and the mishtis will be made in skimmed milk and sugar substitutes. Yumm... we say!
    Last edited by Lehar; 01-16-2013 at 04:29 AM.