Film actor Vishwajeet Pradhan didn't particularly enjoy working for television. Even after getting good reviews for his role in Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?, he felt he had enough and could not take the pressure that comes with doing a daily show. Moreover, he says, "I got 'slotted' and started getting offers similar to the role I had in Maryada... just like I keep getting offered villain roles in movies. I never wanted to do a daily show again." But when he was offered a eunuch's role in Ek Boond Ishq, he could not say no. He shares, "I played a eunuch in Shabnam Mausi with Ashutosh Rana and no one even knew when the film released. No wonder people think I am doing this for the first time."

It takes Vishwajeet around five hours to transform into Kalavati for Ek Boond Ishq but that doesn't daunt him. What does, is waxing his body hair for the role. "I think women must be the bravest of all to bear this torture. I was terrified and even scared the girl who waxed me. Each time was unbearable. I just could not take it."

He admits to being "scared" of eunuchs earlier but after playing one, now has empathy for them. He says, "My character in the show is about this man who feels that a woman's soul is trapped inside him and he wants to come out with his sexuality but can't do so because of societal pressures. Over 200 films old, Vishwajeet debuted on TV show Fauji with Shah Rukh Khan. Pradhan is proud that just like SRK, he, too, has made it on his own in the world of films.