Hire and fire is a common norm in the television industry. Actors are signed on and later alighted from the project either amicably or unceremoniously.

Neha Janpandit who was signed on by Balaji Telefilms to play Harshad Chopra's NRI girlfriend in Tere Liye, has apparently been removed from the show. For the uninitiated, she was to play Nupur on the Star Plus show. It is buzzed that, the producer of the show isn't really happy with her performance and has decided to have her replaced. But the actress has a different story to tell.

Neha in a conversation with TellyBuzz chides, "I had signed the contract with Balaji five months ago and now that my entry was scheduled to air, I received a call from the production house to slash my fees. They have decided to revise my fees and are giving me a cut. I am not giving into such unprofessional behaviour. My remuneration was decided five months ago, so how can it be changed now? Now, I hear that they are saying that the actress who will play Nupur hasn't been finalised as yet. They are airing promos of Harshad returning with a girl but aren't showing the girl's face".

Elaborating further, she adds, "In this period of five months, I have lost out on so many very good projects on television. Thankfully, I had continued to shoot for Madhur Bhandarkar's film wherein I play a cameo role".

Ask her about the buzz that Ekta Kapoor rejected her based on her performance, and the actress is quick to say, "I have never shot for the show till now. Last week, I had shot just a scene for the promo at Panvel with Harshad Chopra, wherein I get out of the car and he holds my hand. This piece of news is wrong, as nobody can test the skill of an actor so quickly. Also, I have done good roles in the past and that in itself speaks".

Now that it is a complete NO from Neha, we hear that the creative team is looking for a quick replacement for the role of Nupur.

We can only feel sorry for Neha for losing out on some precious time!!