Who can forget the epitome of a character that Dilip Kumar played when he portrayed Devdas in Bimal Roy's evergreen classic? Or even Sanjay Leela Bhansali's version of the modern Devdas in Shahrukh Khan?

Well, the latest is that DJ's Creative Unit is working on an adaptation of Devdas, and this time it will be on the small screen!! And if sources are to be believed, the handsome hunk Iqbal Khan who has been missing from the limelight after Zee TV's Waaris is all set to play this epitome character on television…

According to our khabroo, "The cast for the untitled show is almost finalized, and Deeya and Tony are making this show for Zee TV. Iqbal Khan will be playing the lead role, while Binny Sharma of Dance India Dance fame has been finalized for the role of Chandramukhi".

Additi Gupta of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil fame has been offered the role of Paro, but we hear that the actor has not given her nod yet for the same.

A little birdie also told us, "Talented veteran actor Aroona Irani has been finalized to play the male lead's mother in the show".

When contacted, Aroona Irani confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing this show for Zee TV. It is a very nice role, which I wanted to do at any cost. For this, I have even rejected two or three other offers that came my way".

We tried calling Iqbal Khan and even sent him a text message, but did not get any revert. We also tried calling Binny Sharma, but she remained unavailable.

When contacted, Additi Gupta said, "Yes, I was offered this show. But I am not doing it".

We hear that the creative team plans to wrap up with the casting process very soon, and if all goes well, aims to start shoot in a week or so. The show is expected to take a prime time slot on Zee TV, and will launch in August.

We also tried getting a confirmation from Producer Tony Singh, and sent him a text too, but did not get any response.

What say folks? Are you game to watching 'Devdas' on the small screen now??