Pati Patni Aur Woh! New Show on NDTV Imagine | Show Info
The latest reality show on NDTV Imagine, after the super successful reality show “Rakhi Ka Swayamvar” is ” Pati, Patni Aur Woh!“. This is yet another west influenced reality show which will be aired on NDTV starting from 28th September 2009.
They’re young, rich, famous and in love. And now they are ready to take their relationship to the next level. But will they survive the experience? This new show will remove 5 unique celebrity couples from their glamorous lives and thrust them into the ‘real’ world where they will become parents!
Pati, Patni Aur Woh! is an adaptation of the hit international format by Love Productions called Baby Borrowers and will be produced by BBC Worldwide Productions India.
Pati Patni Aur Woh! New Reality Show on NDTV Imagine
Taking on the parenting challenge are India’s most loved television stars and real life couples:
1. Television’s Ram and Sita – Debina Bonnerjee and Gurmeet Chaudhary
2. Happily married for many years, the glamorous couple – Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri
3. Recently engaged and India’s most talked about couple – Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala
4. On screen favorites and off screen newly-weds Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff
5. The scorching couple whose relationship is much talked about - Mouni Roy and Gaurav Chopra
Pati, Patni Aur Woh! allows these couples to go through the challenging, frustrating but rewarding experience of parenthood – from infancy to adolescence. The couples will spend an entire month in a closed environment, monitored by cameras 24X7 which will capture their journey as they embark on a new life of discovery as first time parents.
Their journey will be divided into five stages:
* Pregnancy: The women will be made to wear empathy bellies similar to that of a woman who is 8 months pregnant and will have to attend pre-natal classes.
* Infants: A new born baby will be handed over to the couples and they will have to take care of it’s every need, including feeding, changing nappies and erratic sleep schedules.
* Toddlers: They come in next, with their own set of demands and tantrums
* Pre-teen and Teenagers: These are the rebellious years when parents need to learn how to discipline children, without alienating them.
* The Elderly: Life comes a full circle with the arrival of the elderly and the couples will need to show maturity and understanding in dealing with them
The children taking part in the show are real life infants, toddlers, pre-teens and teenagers. Their parents will be behind the scenes 24◊7, monitoring their child and the couple, through the cameras, in close proximity. Throughout the series the couples will continue to live their everyday lives – just like the rest of us. They will have to fulfill the many social and professional obligations that come with parenthood – from entertaining relatives, in- laws and guests to performing ceremonies and taking part in other activities like parties and picnics and of course ensuring that the kids finish their homework!
AND ALL THIS WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM NANNIES, HOUSE HELP OR THEIR PARENTS AND OPERATE WITHIN A LIMITED MIDDLE CLASS BUDGET.
Announcing the launch of this unique show, Shailja Kejriwal – EVP Content, NDTV Imagine said, “This is as real as it gets! With Pati, Patni Aur Woh, audiences will see these famous couples in real life situations and be part of their first journey into parenthood; sharing their joys, sorrows, trials and achievements. We believe that the show will not only resonate with all audiences and will also be a great fun experience for the younger generation, who plan to start their own families in the future. Patni, Patni Aur Woh promises to be an emotional rollercoaster through many unique situations, each handled differently by the various couples!”
Adds Saul Nassť, General Manager and Creative Head of BBC Worldwide Productions India:
“Baby Borrowers is a unique and highly entertaining format with a social experiment at its heart. It is undoubtedly one of the most interesting reality formats on the market and makes for compelling viewing packed with tears and tantrums, as much from the couples as the terrible twos! Baby Borrowers is another example of the success of British programming, and in particular British formats. I am sure it will translate well to the Indian market with Pati, Patni Aur Woh is exciting mix of celebrity glamour and real life drama.”
It’s time for our very special couples to realize…bachchu, life nahin hai ladoo.
Last edited by Jaadugar; 09-24-2009 at 06:52 PM.