By Taran Adarsh, May 14, 2010 - 11:57 IST

First 3 IDIOTS. Then PAATHSHAALA. Now ADMISSIONS OPEN, which, like the above-mentioned films, takes a look at the present-day education system. The thought behind ADMISSIONS OPEN is very topical - let the youth pursue their vocation/ambitions/dreams - but director K.D. Satyam makes a complete mishmash of a terrific idea and you can't help but feel sorry for those who might stroll into the cineplex to look for answers.

Let me put it bluntly: ADMISSIONS OPEN makes a mockery of the education system. Those expecting to watch a serious, issue-based film will be reeling under a shock. Like I am! The director has no clue about what it takes to make a film. This film falls to unimaginable lows in terms of writing, characters and storytelling.

Let me put it bluntly: ADMISSIONS OPEN makes a mockery of the education system. Those expecting to watch a serious, issue-based film will be reeling under a shock. Like I am! The director has no clue about what it takes to make a film. This film falls to unimaginable lows in terms of writing, characters and storytelling.

Rating : 1 / 5 by India fm