Thread: Sushmita Sen walks the ramp with daughters Renee and Alisah

Lehar is offline FT Power

Default Sushmita Sen walks the ramp with daughters Renee and Alisah

Actress Sushmita Sen took to the ramp with her daughters to usher the grand finale by designer Nishka Lulla at India Kids Fashion Week.

Watch Video

Not many kids who walked the ramp at the first India Kids Fashion Week were aware that they were set to create history, and rather fashionably at that.

Confident, comfortable and loving every moment under the arc lights, the children stole the show at the fashion week. At the grand finale presented by designer Nishka Lulla on Thursday night, actress Sushmita Sen added oomph by walking on a specially decorated ramp replete with miniature ghodas, paalkhis, katputlis and bangles to create a mela effect, which was the theme of this show.

As Rajasthani music played in the backdrop, Sush's daughters Renee and Alisah (taking baby steps on the ramp) joined her in the finale as other children also took part in the fun.

Blowing a kiss with a broad smile, Sushmita thanked the audience and said, "I enjoyed the showstopping act as it's the first time both my daughters have walked with me on the ramp." A visibly happy Manoj Mahla, Director of Craftworld Events Pvt Ltd, also the organiser of the event added, "The finale has set a new bar in the fashion industry. The response has been overwhelming and has added to the success. The kids had a blast during the event and walked the ramp with innocence and grace. Our second season will be in Delhi in September or October this year."

Last edited by Lehar; 01-21-2012 at 03:08 AM.