Oct 1|2009

It’s not feminine!

Does she mean to say Indian traditional attires lack femininity? Vidya Balan is shedding her behen- ji image and turning into a boho chic in P Balki’s Paa.

The actress is quoted as saying, “I don’t like Indian asexual clothing. I love outfits that look feminine…. My western look in Paa is fun and casually thrown together stuff - somewhat like I am in real life.” Vidya now finds the European way of dressing more comfortable, feminine as well as sensual. But the lady ought to remember that being boho will not suit her every time.

However, Vidya is happy about her new bohemian avatar and to work with a designer like Sabyasachi Mukherjee who has given her a new distinctive look for the film. She doesn’t have a good history with known fashion designers like Aki Narula and Manish Malhotra, who have tried their best to make her look fab, but inadvertently it turned out to be a drab.

In ‘Paa’, Vidya has donned two different kinds of looks as she is not only a college girl with a free-spirited attitude but later plays Abhishek Bachchan’s traditional wife, seen mainly in cotton sarees.

We know she is good in carrying traditional stuff. Let’s see how easily she sports a bohemian get-up which also doesn’t require her to be in shape.