Thread: Why Salman Khan did not vote?

Archna is offline FT Power

Default Why Salman Khan did not vote?

May 22|2009

Bollywood star Salman Khan said he could not cast his vote in the recently held elections because he was shooting his film Veer in London on the polling day, April 30.

“It was not possible for me to take a flight from London just to show that I voted,” Salman said when asked why he failed to cast his vote when he had extensively campaigned for some candidates.

When pointed out that his contemporaries Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan had specially flown down to Mumbai from their foreign destinations to perform their duty as a citizen, Salman said, “They have the time and money to do so which I do not have.”

To a question on whether he felt voting was not important, Salman in his inimitable style said, “The Government should make voting mandatory by punishing people who don't do so and giving incentives to citizens to vote. I would come for that extra money.”

The superstar was holding a press conference in Mumbai on Thursday to promote his show ‘10 Ka Dum’ which is set to go on air as soon as the IPL ends.
    Last edited by Archna; 05-22-2009 at 06:17 PM.