May 4|2009

New Delhi: After finding critical acclaim and success with his intense performances in ‘Rock On’ and ‘The Last Lear’, actor Arjun Rampal is now keen to try his hands on comedy.

Rampal who made his debut in 2001 with ‘Moksha’, has played a string of serious roles in his decade long career.

The 36-year-old actor was lauded for his villainous portrayal in ‘Om Shanti Om’ and later went on to win his first filmfare for his performance as a struggling guitarist in ‘Rock on’.

“I have done too many serious films. I think I should better do a comedy now. Being an actor I have tried not to limit myself in any particular genre and I would love to do a comedy,” Rampal told reporters.

Rampal is once again set to play an intense role in Prakash Jha’s political drama ‘Rajniti’, which he believes is one of the “most challenging” role of his career.

The actor, who will be seen in the character of a young politician says, “My role actually deals with the psyche of the politician behind the closed doors. I will confess that I did a lot of home work by researching and observing many young politicians.”

When asked whether his character was inspired by any of the present day young politician, the actor declined to divulge the details.