Jan 17|2010

Anupam Kher, who also runs an acting school, had a new student recently — US President Barack Obama! And, no, it wasn’t acting he was teaching him, but a spot of bhangra! But, we break the spell here… it was in Kher’s dream that Obama appeared, clad in a lungi! Kher tweets, “Had really a funny dream. I am dressed as a sardar and am teaching President Obama how to do bhangra. He has to attend Rahul’s wedding. Funny!”

He adds, “For all those who wanted to know what Obama was wearing in my dream. Well, it was a red lungi and a ‘basanti’ colour kurta. And I was in suit.” Well, Obama knows who he should contact, if he’s ever interested!

And yes, all is well with the actor. He posts, “My father calls me 3 to 4 times a day and ends every conversation with ‘Wish u good luck beta’. I know it is out of habit too but it works.”

Kher is also looking forward to shooting his next movie. He says, “Met Neeraj Pandey (A Wednesday) after a long time. Read his new script Special Chabees (26). It is fabulous. Waiting to shoot for it in Oct.” We’re waiting too!