April 17,2009


MUMBAI: If all goes well, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan will come face to face on July 3 when SRK’s Dulha Mil Gaya and Salman’s Wanted hit screens on that Friday. Dulha Mil Gaya producer Viveck Vaswani is eyeing 3rd July because July 4 is Independence Day in the United States and Shah Rukh enjoys a massive following there. Which means Dulha Mil Gaya will clash with Salman Khan’s Wanted.

“If Boney Kapoor says he’s committed for 3rd July and requests me to shift my film to another week, I will do so. But so far there haven’t been any talks,” Viveck reveals.

Dulha Mil Gaya is far from complete. Reportedly, SRK’s portions remain to be filmed.

“The talkie is complete. Just one qawwali remains to be shot, which can be included at the last minute too,” the producer says.

He also rubbishes rumours that SRK has delayed the film.

“Shah Rukh had informed me at the very outset of his busy schedule and the possibility of the film getting delayed. The delay is not because of him, it’s because of me. An important schedule went haywire when my father passed away. Later, Shah Rukh suffered an injury on my sets, hence things have been pushed forward.”

However, Dulha Mil Gaya continues to remain in the news. The latest is the report that Anil Ambani’s Big Pictures has relinquished the rights of the project.

“Yes, they have. The withdrawal was due to re-strategizing the company, given the current economic scenario. But I’ll offer them the film once it’s ready. If they want to pick up the rights then, it’s okay. Else, the money invested by Big will be refunded at the time of release,” Viveck adds.