Actor filmmaker Kamaal Rashid Khan, also known as KRK, who exited the reality show Bigg Boss on Wednesday, is claiming that he and the channel Colors were aware from the start that he would be thrown out of the show on his 21st day in the house and then brought back for a second stint on some pretext.

KRK says his ouster was planned, implying that all the ‘candid’ arguments and violent actions were done to make his exit possible. This raises serious questions about the format of the show, which has always claimed that the stay of any member in the house is solely dependent on public votes and nominations from fellow contestants.

Khan minced no words in an interview to HT City. “I have a business to handle. I don’t have the time to spend 2-3 months locked up in a house. When I signed the show, I put up a pre-condition that I will enter twice. 21 din, 21 din karke meri do entry planned thi aur woh hui,” he says. He adds that this condition, along with the fact that he’s “the highest paid celebrity in the history of Bigg Boss and could fetch maximum eyeballs”, was the reason why he acted aggressively the first time. It may be recalled that Khan was abruptly chucked out of the show in the episode that was aired on October 22, when he hit a fellow inmate Rohit Verma with a bottle. “First entry mein decided tha ki main angry young man ban ke jaunga. We had taken a risk that gave a boost to the show and helped up its TRPs.”

The channel strongly denies KRK’s claims. Sonia Huria, head of corporate communications at Colors, said, “He’s talking crap.” Asked if the channel signed him to enter twice, she said, “Absolutely not. Understand the man’s psyche. The last time he got out, he was a hero. This time, he had no talking point.”

Author: Rahul Sabharwal, Hindustan Times

What do you all have to say about this article? Please post your opinions and keep it clean!